Friday, February 10, 2012

A Singapore staycation experience...plus mojitos & margaritas

Hubs and I will be going on a short weekend get-away to Bintan but before we splash on our sunscreen and enjoy the sun and sea, let me share with you what we did during the CNY holiday break.

We did not pack our bags and bring along the passport. Yes, staycation it is for us this time around. Well, we would have wanted to stay at the Marina Bay Sands, but with all the short trips planned for the whole year, we just can’t squeeze it in the budget this time. Our first wedding anniversary perhaps hubs…? ;) can or not? Lol!!!

With its location near Clark Quay, the happening area in Singapore, we opted for Furama RiverFront Hotel. Actually there were a number of hotels around the area, but my first consideration was, it has to have a swimming pool. (We love to swim, good exercise).

We had an overnight stay and got upgraded to executive floor. Yay! The reception area was Chinese inspired. I am not sure whether it was because of the CNY festivities or it was really there standard décor. Sorry no photos :( Note to self, should take more detailed photos next time. (hindi kasi sanay my blog, but I'm learning from all the blog hopping I have been doing)

But the bathroom was a disappointment for me because I was hoping there would be a bath tub (I brought along pa naman my bubble bath hoping to have a “spa” moment). Still it was nice, clean and relaxing. The toiletries looks “sosyal” but the smell it too masculine for my liking


the "mukhang sosyal" but smells too masculine for me toiletries

In the evening we walked to Esplanade and had dinner at makansutra, then had some cocktails at clark quay
Glutton's Bay Makansutra


her margarita


his mojito





cocktails courtesy of Octapas

 
 
After a good night’s rest (thanks to the margarita) we had a hearty buffet breakfast. Again, I have no pictures to show..booo. Next time next time pramis…. I also noticed that there are a lot of Filipinas working in the hotel. Siguro naman with our pleasing personality and excellent service, the hoteliers & guests will be very well please with us Pinoys.

And since it was one of the most important factors for consideration, we hit the pool after breakfast. And yet again no pix of the pool  sadness... The pool wasn't really that fantastic, but it was good for a nice swim.

By 11:45 AM we checked out already, but before that... the SOP of the day picture picture.

Enjoying the free coffee

Hubs claimed the rights to the "office desk"
 


another bed pose ;)




the bed



 









colorful bridge along clark quay

we just have to take a picture, it exudes a feel of a quaint european town ;)

After almost 7 years in SG, its my first time to stay in a Singapore hotel. Hmm I kinda have a liking for it. I have list of hotels/boutique hotels I want to visit. Hopefully if budget and time permits, I can share with you our staycation experiences. And this time, I will try my best to take the right pictures. Excuse nyo nalang po si “Narcissa”, angles nya lang gustong e capture.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...