Friday, November 1, 2013

New month...November, What Will I do to make you the most productive month of 2013?

The hubby asked me last night 5 words to describe my October.
  • Challenging
  • Frustrating
  • Tiring
  • Stressful
  • But Still Amazing (I have the little munchkin to thank….oh well let’s include the big gorilla too ;))

It’s the start of a new month, and the stress is already brewing in everything I do.  But this month of November, I intend to make it different.  While the challenges and the stress are inevitable in any given month (considering the multiple roles we play every day) I intend to replace “Frustrating” and “Tiring” with “Productive” and “Enjoyable”.  So for this Month of November, I have chosen “PRODUCTIVE” as my guiding word.    Sometime back, I applied this concept of guiding word and that time I have chosen gratitude, and I find it very effective.  Alright, I digress ;) …now back to Productivity.
 
source
And how do I intend to do that? That’s a good question. I actually don’t know where to start so I have listed and identified the steps I have to take and here they are.

FOCUS.  I was happily pinning yesterday when I stumbled upon an idea.  And I think it’s a great idea, something I can go and enhance for long term benefit.  I wanted to rush to the nearest DIY/Craft store and execute and plunge into my “brilliant” idea.  But I realized I still have an unfinished project that I have started, so I have to complete it before I move on.  So I will FOCUS on that first and see results.  Result = Productive.  Hopefully, by completing this unfinished project this month, this would teach me the discipline and focus to kick-off my “brilliant” idea next month.

And this goes to everything I do be it work or play.  Focus on one thing; see it to completion and on to the next task or activity.

Build extra hours into my day.  The days are long but the hours are few.  Huh?  Yes, I find that my days can be draggingly long but I find there is so little time to accomplish much.  By having extra hours in my day would spell a whole lot of productivity.  This month, I am starting my day an hour earlier and ending it an hour later.  That’s an extra two hours per day.

I intend to take care of myself and ensure the boys are in the pink of health.  Last month, the hubby was down with flu and the little munchkin caught the bug.  Having someone in the family get sick is quite overwhelming.  It puts a dent to our household dynamics.  An overwhelmed feeling saps out my energy.  Listless, lifeless are definitely deterrents to productivity.  This month, we intend to keep ourselves healthy by clean eating, right amount of rest, and regularly physical activity.  A healthy body and mind is a productive person.


With my goals for this month in place and with the above-mentioned steps to help me accomplish those goals, well here’s to a productive November!

How about you, how do you keep your day/month/year your most productive ever?
Share your tips on the comments, would love to hear from you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...