Friday, December 12, 2008

Pink Roses



A friend once asked me...”What color of rose do you like?” Without further ado I straight away say PINK. "Pink? Why pink?" he asked.

Well if I were to choose red it would be too sophisticated and elegant. It is too romantic and too beautiful. Reminds me of true love stronger than thorns...Too passionate... Definitely not me as of the moment.........

Yellow? Hmmm reminds me too much of Cory Aquino. Maybe because I have read somewhere that it signifies freedom. I have nothing against our ex-president, she is in fact the first woman Philippine President and the first woman president to have grace the cover of Time magazine. That’s something every Filipina could be proud of. Its just well yellow doesn’t become me.
How about white? Ahh, the symbol of purity and innocence...of love stronger than death, sincerity, silence as well as youthfulness. But is just about what every Jane and Mary would choose.

Ok blue then? I am only unique not rare. And blue roses are still rare occurrences for me. Every time I think of a blue rose.....its like asking for miracles, or remote possibilities...... I do wish of ever afters, but I'm practical.

So why pink? Because it’s never too daunting but it’s still sweet and dainty........
It’s about poetic romance combined with fun and light-heartedness. It is the rose of sweet thoughts and thank yous. It’s a rose of gratitude and appreciation of life.
Fuchsia? Too hard to spell...Peach, orange, lavender, burgundy, lilac.....

Oh well, whatever the color, all roses convey warmth and affection, but just leave me with my pink roses and I'm a happy woman.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...