|website for this image|
~We build our character from the bricks of habit we pile up day by day. - Zig Ziglar ~
With the first quarter of 2012 going to say adieu this Saturday I have thought that it’s about time I begin to write my year’s resolution. Yes, I know I am three months overdue, but after years of wanting to improve and be a better person as each New Year arrives, I have come to learn that
- You can do your resolutions anytime of the year it does not necessarily have to be the 1st of Jan of each new year (and no it’s not just a lame of excuse of my part ;) wink wink)
- I better have 3 or 5 measurable definite things with defined benefits why having this change in my life is good so that I can realistically achieve them within a given time frame rather than writing a long list that will very well be called “wishes” instead of goals.
- It takes 21 days to form a habit or is it 30? Whatever number of days, the point being, slow and steady is the way to go.
With these said here are my
1. Live a healthier life by eating healthy (oats, more veggies and fruits) and giving time for exercise.
o Slimmer me ;) Yay!!!
o Happier me ;) Think endorphins
o A more zestful and energetic me ;)
2. Less impulse shopping and more savings
o I can expect the unexpected without fear (Emergency fund)
o Ready when opportunity knocks
o Can make our dreams come true (really praying hard for this ;)
o Can give back with joy
3. Read More
o Enhanced smarts - makes you smarter and keeps you sharp as you age
o Increased vocabulary
o Enhanced writing skills
o Makes you more interesting. Widens your horizon of information and you get to experience the diversity of peoples’ culture & lifestyle in the comforts of your own home. (But if you have the means, please do supplement your reading with Travelling)
There I have listed my goals which will keep me busy for next 9 months (parang buntis lang). And hopefully I can still have room for the two things below
1. Travel to at least 5 different countries this year (3 down 2 to go)
2. Blog more often ;)
How about you what do you plan to achieve or resolved to do this year?