Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My guiding word...





photo courtesy of colettepatterns.com

Days are moving so fast. I was excited this morning when my boss told me that I might be able to start working with a project on SIMPLE (actually it’s customized SAP and we are programming on ABAP) hahaha!!! Whatever lol!. But I still think that is it nice, I have felt so useless in my work already at least now I have something to look forward to. But the catch is I have to wait for a couple of months because the project would kick off on April still, well at least I have some time to brush up my ABAP skills.

But come to think about it, I should just be grateful for what I have. Life is not all about work; life is about living life and hoping for the best to come. So therefore I guess I should be thankful and make the most of my circumstances.

A read from an acquaintance blog (acquaintance because I’m not sure I have the right to call her friend but nonetheless I like following her blogs and we have met a few times a couple of years back before they migrated up up north to the US of A….so, ok maybe I will call her friend.) Hi Caryl ;-)

Ok, so I read from a friend’s blog about adapting a word to guide you for the year. And I find her idea interesting. It’s true that resolutions are meant to be written and left in the shelf to gather dust. Yes, I have years of experience on that ;-) So instead of coming up with resolutions, I will adapt my friends idea of a guiding word for the year.
My guiding word for 2010 is GRATEFUL.

2009 was busy and hectic for me. A lot of travels and a lot of new things, but still at the end of the day I often find myself complaining. I have “googled” and “binged” a thousand and one sites on “how to have a better life”, “how to have an interesting life” and have read all the wiki hows on this subject. But maybe I just forgot to be GRATEFUL. Maybe I don’t need to get a better life, I only need to appreciate that I do have a better life.

Sometimes life’s anxieties, "ordinaryness" and worries bogged us down that we forget to give thanks to the everyday miracles we experience. This year I am more determined to appreciate these blessings. Less complaining,… more gratitude, because in a nutshell pursuing happiness is being GRATEFUL for what you have.
So what is your guiding word?
photo courtesy of http://rlv.zcache.com




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...